Monday, July 21, 2008

Update 2

Hey,

Sorry, I haven't had access to a computer. Anyway, we started training yesterday. We trained with a Dutch man and today we trained with our coach and scrimaged in the rain. It is freezing and I think I am getting sick. Yesterday we went to the training session, then the cheese factory, then we rode bikes, and last we went to the wooden shoe store. Don't worry Dad I didn't by any. Mom, yes I do have to pay to use the computer, but only like 5 euros. Tomorrow we start the tournament. We are garrentied four games, two a day. Thank you all for your posts, comments, and helpful tips. Holland is beautiful and it would be nice to live here, but I hate playing in the rain. It really agrivates me that they don't give us a choice of what we want to do outside. We played 3 15 minute games with 3 3min breaks non stop in the rain. I think I am going to get an ear infection. Today after breakfast we went to the grocery store to get lunch. There was nothing to eat really that was healthy or that did not have to be microwaved. I got a salad and some apples. Apparently, I had to have a ticket for the apples, so I went back to get a ticket and everything was in Dutch. Ahhh! Luckly, they had pictures and they spell apples almost the same way. Then I couldn't figure out how to print the ticket. Well, a Dutch worker came and figured out my problem and printed my ticket for me. It was so cool! it has only stopped raining once today and I was put in goal making one of my jackets extremely muddy. I have done very well in my opinion. I am backup goalie only because they don't have enough midfeilders. I had a few problems staying on my feet while in goal, but I didn't let any past me. i am ready to come home though. The weather ruins everything. My rumate doesn't stop talking about her boyfriend. We won't get back until at least 10 tonight. How are we going to get rest getting back that late? Plus the water here gives us all really bad stomach aches. The food here at the friendship village isn't very good, but when you are hungry nothing stops you. Well, got to go!

Love Ashley

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Hey sweetie, Goof and Larry are missing you. Cameren and Chandler say "hi" also. Can't wait to see the pics that you take. Keep up the faith and know that we love you. Have fun, fun and more fun. Rain, rain go away, come again after Saturday! Love, Grandma Goof.

Robyn said...

Hey Ash: It's Larry. I hope your trying some of the local food while you're there. Be sure to try some Poffertjes (ummmm, very good!). I like 'em for breakfast. For lunch try either kroket or frikandel. If you don't know what they are just go to any snack bar and ask. Almost guaranteed they'll have them. Grandma Goof's favorite is patat speciaal’ (french fries, mayonnaise, ketchup, and raw onions). Okay, Goof will pass on the raw onions but she loves the rest. Finally, for fun, try something your mother and I would both like and that is Hagelslag. These are chocolate-snippers that the Dutch sprinkle on their bread. Even if you don't like it you'll have fun saying "Please pass the Hagelslag".

Well, I hope things are going well for you. Enjoy the time there and we'll see you when you get back. Love, Larry